Wyckoff, New Jersey, April 9th, 2020: In 2002, the George Sydney and Phyllis Redman Miller Trust designated Winn Feline Foundation as one of its advisor organizations. Winn has subsequently been provided an unprecedented opportunity to make annual recommendations for grant awards to the San Francisco Foundation, trustees of the Miller Trust. The total grant funding varies each year.
Last year Winn funded five grants totaling $133,813 for studies in cats on investigating chronic gingivostomatitis, genomics, drug failure, allergic asthma, and flash glucose monitoring.
Please Take Note:
Based on the requirements of the George and Phyllis Miller Trust, proposals will be accepted only from principal investigators at the following institutions. Partnerships with listed institutions are permitted.
- University of California, Davis
- Colorado State University
- Cornell University
- University of Illinois
- Iowa State University
- University of Minnesota
- University of Missouri
- The Ohio State University
- University of Tennessee
- Texas A&M University
- Virginia/Maryland Regional College of Veterinary Medicine
The deadline for receipt of applications is August 10th, 2020 and awards will be announced in December 2020.
- The maximum grant amount is $35,000.
- Projects should have discrete and achievable goals within the $35,000 limit.
- Continuation of Miller Trust and Winn grants awarded in 2018 and 2019 will be considered.
- Only proposals that can be completed within 1-2 years will be considered.
- Studies applicable to all cats are encouraged. Winn Feline Foundation is also interested in projects that address issues in individual cat breeds, nutrition and behavior.
- Applicants may be faculty veterinarians, post-doctoral fellows, practicing veterinarians or veterinary students.
For detailed instructions please review our grand process.
For additional information on Winn Grant Programs and our research funding visit our website. Proposals must come with a grant proposal cover sheet.
About Winn Feline Foundation
Winn Feline Foundation is a non-profit organization established in 1968 that supports studies to improve cat health.Since 1968, Winn Feline Foundation has funded more than $7 million in health research for cats at more than30 partner institutions world-wide.For further information, go to www.winnfelinefoundation.org.
Julie Legred, CVT
888-963-6946, extension 706
Steve Dale, CABC
Winn Board Member